Brownfields are industrial or commercial properties where the presence or potential of environmental contaminants, pollutants, or hazardous materials complicate reuse or redevelopment.
Turning around blighted land is a complex undertaking that can be derailed by anything from insufficient site investigation to regulatory red tape. Phoenix Environmental’s highly specialized professionals partner with you through the entire brownfield redevelopment process, from inception to a fully restored piece of property, ready for beneficial use.
Phoenix Environmental’s comprehensive brownfield redevelopment services include:
- Site evaluation to determine grants and funding sources
- Grant writing and administration
- Technical scope preparation and review
- Regulatory agency negotiations
- Preparation of quality assurance project plans (QAPP)
- Contract negotiations with subcontractors/subconsultants
- Subcontractor oversight
- Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments
- Hazmat surveys (asbestos, mold, lead-based paint, universal waste)
- Geophysical investigation/subsurface utility mapping
- Well installation and groundwater monitoring
- Soil, sediment, groundwater, and air sampling
- Waste characterization and disposal
- Property condition assessments
- Soil, soil-vapor, and groundwater remediation
- Vapor intrusion assessment and mitigation
- Agency reporting
- No Further Action (NFA) and Covenant Not-to-Sue (CNS) preparation.